Sometimes the fear of getting on an airplane is generated by the turbulence. We leave 6 reasons why you should not fear them. You have been saving for months to buy your ticket and when you finally have everything you need, a fear begins to invade.
You’ve never been on a plane before, but you’ve been told that there are sudden movements in the air that are called turbulences. This natural phenomenon is generated by the change in direction and speed of the air. Actually, it is not as apocalyptic as they present it.
There are three types of sensations that are experienced in the airplane due to the turbulences: a light one, in which a glass with water could vibrate; a moderate one, in which the water of the glass could get to splash outside of it and a severe one, in which glass would finish in the floor.
Of these possibilities, the most common is light. If after knowing this you still feel insecure to fly, you do not have to worry because:
“The airplanes are built and designed to withstand the worst possible situations, such as severe turbulence.
– The pilot of the airplane will warn if you are about to enter or you are in a zone of turbulence turning on the light of buckling the safety belt.
– If you go through these “aerial bumps” you should fasten your seatbelt and stay in your seat.
– You should choose seats in the front or middle rows, since back is where the most movements feel.
– Aircraft turbulence is very frequent, but rarely causes damage or danger. They only cause discomfort.
– You must be calm and not despair. Relax your mind thinking of something else, as in the beautiful holidays that await you.
When traveling, an important detail is to know how to organize things in your suitcase to not exceed the allowed weightOnly those who have had to pay for excess baggage know the importance of being restrained at the time of packing. Besides, wanting to carry everything in the suitcase when traveling is not only an extra expense but also a discomfort. Check these tips to take what is strictly necessary and make your bag weigh less:
1. Focus on the suitcase itself. Do not forget that when you put it on the scale, each suitcase has a different weight. There are suitcases that, however pretty they are, are hard and heavy. Try to choose a lightweight to put your things. You will gain weight and space.
2. Perform a second review. It is important that you separate all the things you want to take to your trip in one place. After that, check again one by one and is eliminating some that you think you will not use.
3. Do not wear the same things. There are people who put two poles, two jackets or two pairs of shoes in their suitcases. Instead of doing that, pack one and wash it when it gets dirty. Do not duplicate your space with things you can avoid.
4. Review your benefits. If you are a ‘frequent flyer’ of a particular airline, check your benefits well, as you probably have the right to carry more weight in your suitcase than the rest of the passengers.
5. Manage your hand luggage well. If you’re leaving for a long time and need to pack many things, try to put the heaviest items in your carry-on, to avoid being overweight in the suitcase.
6. Do not carry in your suitcase what you can find there. If you are staying at a good hotel, you can pack towels, soaps or some item you can find there without problems.
Airlines like LAN and Avianca usually have a limit of 23 kilos for each baggage that goes in the cellar of the airplane. This amount may change depending on the destination and the type of flight you purchase.
Many studies have shown that investing your money in experiences and not spending it on things makes you happier, checked with statistics, data and so on. And of course, traveling is one of the best experiences in which you can invest your money. We are all thinking about where we can go, hunting deals, looking for hotels and other, all the time. Traveling transforms you, every time you embark on a journey open before you a world of possibilities that would not have existed otherwise, from the person that will sit next to you in the airplane until the landscapes and scenarios that you are going to know. To check how traveling makes you a sociable and healthier person, we leave these points:
1. It forces you to socialize Even the most shy have to talk to a stranger to order at a restaurant, ask for directions, buy a ticket or ask where the bathroom is. This is the most basic form of socialization, but when you are traveling you see yourself talking to lots of people with whom you would not normally talk.
2. Improve your planning skills No matter what your travel style, there is always something you have to plan. And this will help you improve your way of planning your budgets, schedules and activities.
3. Transforms your attitude When you are traveling you do not know what is going to happen … It does not matter if you take the planned itinerary until the last second, all the trips are an adventure. And that means you have to open up to the unexpected and adopt it with the best attitude, because for that you went on a trip.
4. It makes you more tolerant From understanding that in other parts of the world things become different until you have patience in the stores of the small towns of your country, traveling teaches you that the world is not as you know it, that each person has a different world and the wonder is that we all share it.
5. Broaden your worldview Part of knowing other ways of life and other cultures (even if they are 2 hours from your house … distance does not make a difference) is to realize the diversity of ideas, dreams, experiences, stories, cultures and worldviews that exist.
Traveling opens your mind … A trip makes you a much healthier person for all these things. They do not have to be long or expensive trips … start with a weekend to 1 hour of their houses … it is possible that they crush the traveling bug and every time they want to go further.
A trip to a mountain or tourist mount, whether just to enjoy the scenery or to venture on a tiring trek that is worthwhile, can bring risks if one is not well prepared or does not know some basic recommendations. Eat a good breakfast: The journey will be exhausting, not only because of the distance or the slope, but because the height also influences. However, only breakfast should contain enough liquid, carbohydrates and protein, which will give you the energy you need. The rest of the day do not happen to eat the same, but only light, like sweets, chocolate, cereals (yes, lots of water to hydrate). If you eat too much along your journey you will end up with an upset stomach or vomiting, so you will have to return to camp or base.
Avoid Unnecessary Risks: Do not bathe in mighty rivers, do not climb the ravines, do not trust the depth of mountain lakes (it can be endless), use mosquito repellents and be very careful with the uneven terrain of the mountain … a stone can cause you to stumble and cause a tragedy.
Calculate the hours: You must know how long you will delay until you reach the goal, you will not want the night to surprise you in the middle of the road. Especially in those mountains of free access where you do not need guidance and run by your own luck.
Do not go up alone: ??The help of your teammates will be fundamental because there are always accidents like kinks, fractures or something like that. Do not travel alone or with a single partner, which is best in a group of 3-4 people or more.
The sun is more dangerous: every 300 meters in height, increases the power of UV rays by 4%. If you are burning do not think it is the same as a sunny beach day, it can be much more harmful to your skin so take the necessary equipment to protect you from the sun’s rays.